Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Opening

Hello, World!

And what a fine world it is!  Today I’m going to discuss – in my very first blog post EVER – what I’m going to achieve by writing this blog.  First off, this blog is to entertain you.  Well, sort of, I guess.  This blog is really to discuss all kinds of tech things.  If you’re looking for that new cookie recipe, this isn’t the place.  Go find some other blog.

 

But if you want to hear about software I think is neat, new videos games I think are cool, and maybe a short discussion on why my music taste is best, then this is the blog for you.

 

Now, a little about myself.  I’m a software developer living in southern New Hampshire.  My strengths are in Java (though I know enough C and C++) and a small game engine known as Unity 3d.  Unity is an awesome game engine built for speed and can make all kinds of games, and no, I wasn’t paid to say that.  The reason Unity is my favorite is because there was a minimal learning curve and it performs well on my laptop, unlike other engines I’ve tried like UDK, and that out of the box, with the free version, it allows you to create stand-alone applications for Windows and Mac, games that can be played in a web browser using the Unity 3D Plugin, which is available for all major browsers.  But that’s enough singing Unity’s praises, if you to see more you’ll check out the website.  I know you will.

 

What are some of my ongoing projects, you ask?  Well, I’m not going to go into any detail, as there are people about just begging for an idea that they can make, so I’m only going to post completed, copyrighted projects on this blog.  Eventually I’m going to (hopefully) start a small company and give myself a website so I can allow people to buy my work.

 

I also enjoy writing.  I write small little poems and short stories for fun.  Maybe I’ll post one sometime.  You’d all like to see that, right?  Right?

 

I hope someday to get into iOS app development, i.e. for the iPod, iPhone and iPad.  That’s a huge market and a way to earn a little money, yes?  Too bad so many have already had that idea; the competition is huge.

 

Alright, that’s about it for now.  Some more posts will be coming very soon, so just wait!  Also, in the top corner of this screen, just above my logo, you can see the link to the RSS feed.  You can subscribe to this feed if you want to go be alerted of my new blog posts – which I surely hope you do.

No comments: